The Lewiston Public Library is the municipal library for the City of Lewiston. Among several collections in the institution is the Lewiston History Collection. This depository holds local and town histories as well as genealogical resources. The Franklin Company papers are held here, as are local newspapers dating back to 1861.
The Library also houses the Mardsen Hartley Cultural Center, which is the result of efforts by the Library to be less of a passive institution and more active in the community. Callahan Hall, located in the Cultural Center, provides a venue for community events and showings. There are several other community resources available as well, such as support for different language groups that have a presence in the area.
Selected Lewiston Public Library images:
- Monroe Shoe, West Auburn, ca. 1900
- Pine Street Congregational Church, Lewiston
- Pine Street Congregational Church in Lewiston
- St. Peter's Church, Lewiston, ca. 1900
- Bates Street Universalist Church in Lewiston, Maine
- Bates Street Universalist Church, Lewiston
- Trolley cars, Lisbon Street, Lewiston
- Edward Little High School, Auburn, ca. 1874
- Senator William P. Frye
- Haymarket Square in Lewiston circa 1900
- Lumber yard in Lewiston, circa 1900
- Holy Family Church, Lewiston, ca. 1980